We call for the UK government to immediately de-escalate their intervention involving the Ukraine-Russian territorial dispute.
Ukraine is not suffering any humanitarian crisis and is not victim to an invasion. We view the build-up of NATO troops and munitions as a deliberate provocation against Russia.
There has been no intelligence to support that Russia have made any threat towards the Ukraine, its borders or it’s people, despite the numerous reports from criminal Western governments and the complicit media.
A war within the Ukraine would only serve to support corporate and globalist interests, the price of which would be paid for with the blood of young soldiers and ordinary people.
We call for an immediate halt to any provocation that the UK and NATO are participating in and to withdraw troops, munitions and heavy artillery from the Ukraine.
Russia has not broken articles of the Minsk Protocol and it is only western interests that are fuelling the potential for an outbreak of war.
The text of the protocol consists of twelve points:
- To ensure an immediate bilateral ceasefire.
- To ensure the monitoring and verification of the ceasefire by the OSCE .
- Decentralisation of power, including through the adoption of the Ukrainian law “On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts”.
- To ensure the permanent monitoring of the Ukrainian-Russian border and verification by the OSCE with the creation of security zones in the border regions of Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
- Immediate release of all hostages and illegally detained persons.
- A law preventing the prosecution and punishment of people in connection with the events that have taken place in some areas of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts.
- To continue the inclusive national dialogue.
- To take measures to improve the humanitarian situation in Donbas.
- To ensure early local elections in accordance with the Ukrainian law “On temporary Order of Local Self-Governance in Particular Districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts”.
- To withdraw illegal armed groups and military equipment as well as fighters and mercenaries from the territory of Ukraine.
- To adopt a programme of economic recovery and reconstruction for the Donbas region.
- To provide personal security for participants in the consultations.
See https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/default/files/2020-05-22-minsk-conundrum-allan.pdf for explanation of background and policy leading to present situation.